After our 3D/4D ultrasound last week, I have found myself day-dreaming more and more of our sweet little boy. It’s such an awesome feeling to be growing a baby and even more incredible that our lives will change so much in the matter of two months! When I was asked to be a part of the Pampers’ “A Mother’s Promise” campaign, I was thrilled to say YES!
A #MothersPromise is a promise made to your children and/or your unborn baby and keeping that promise in front of you as a daily reminder.
I created this mug to keep my #MothersPromise a priority and in front of me at all times. Plus after this pregnancy, I’m sure I’ll be back to my coffee-addicting self again. My DIY mug reads “be still”. My #MothersPromise is to take time to be still and remain present each and every day. I promise to take breaks from technology and the everyday hustle and bustle to explore, play, read, teach and watch him grow into a strong, kind, loving individual. Everyone says time flies by when you have children and we certainly do not want to miss a beat.
How to create your own DIY Sharpie Mug:
- Buy some white mugs. The Dollar Store white mugs works the best! The cheaper, the better.
- Grab a Sharpie. For long-lasting results, choose oil-based paint Sharpie markers. Regular Sharpie ink can come off even after baking. I used a gold oil-based paint Sharpie for my mug.
- Start drawing. Decide on the design of the cup, and maybe practice drawing it on a piece of paper before drawing on the mug. Pick a meaningful quote or a cute graphic to decorate the mug with.
- Dry it out. Let your mug dry for a few hours or overnight before placing it into the oven. You can also draw over it again if you’d like to make sure the pattern doesn’t come off in the wash. If you draw over it again, be sure to leave it out to dry again before baking.
- Bake it. Bake the mug in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. Place the mug in the oven before it heats up and leave it in until the oven cools completely so there won’t be any cracking. I baked the mug twice to really set in the Sharpie drawings.
- Care and wash. Hand-wash the mug gently instead of throwing it in the dishwasher.
Now back to my #MothersPromise. As a first time mom, I want to be sure I am providing my son with the very best, from protection to unconditional love to the products we use, and that includes high quality diapers. That is why we love and trust Pampers Premium Care Diapers! These diapers are are gentle and hypoallergenic, breathable, have an extra absorbent liner and wetness indicator. Pampers Premium Care Diapers can be purchased from Walmart or Walmart.com
Have you made a #MothersPromise to your baby? I’d love to hear some of yours!
Thank you Pampers Premium Care and Walmart for sponsoring this post. #MothersPromise